What to Look for in a Hair Restoration Surgeon in Toronto
Getting hair restoration surgery is an investment in yourself – in your self-esteem, your confidence levels and your appearance. You owe it to yourself to learn as much as you can before making a final decision on what physician you want to work with. Here are some of the criteria we believe you should consider when making your selection of surgeon:
- Experience – Experience is paramount when choosing a good hair restoration surgeon. Your goal should be to find a surgeon who has completed many procedures. Not all hair transplant professionals specialize in the same techniques, so someone who has extensive experience with the specific method you are seeking is ideal.
- Credentials and Training – The more qualified the surgeon is, the better. A highly regarded hair transplant surgeon will be proud to share their qualifications.
- Reviews – Look for genuine testimonials and case studies from past patients your surgeon has worked with. It will let you know that your surgeon is skilled and will give you a lot more confidence that you’ll be happy with the results.
- Before-and-After Pictures – Like reviews, it is important to ask your hair transplant doctor if they can provide before-and-after photos taken with consistent lighting. They should be proud of the work they’ve done and happy to share the results with you.
- Your Comfort Level With the Physician – Having a compatible patient/physician relationship is an invaluable part of your satisfaction with your surgical outcome. Schedule a consultation with the physician you are considering working with. Be prepared with a list of questions to ask about the procedure or recommended solutions. Are you satisfied that the physician spent enough time with you, listened to all your questions and answered them to your satisfaction?
We hold ourselves to a high standard of patient care at the Toronto Hair Transplant Centre. We deliver trusted results with over thirty-eight years of medical and surgical training and most importantly, expertise.
- We are one of the only clinics in North America where the surgeon harvests each and every graft and makes each and every site for planting.
- We were one of the first clinics in the world to perform FUE in 2002.
- We were the first clinic worldwide to perform large session FUE in 2004.
- We have harvested over 10+ million grafts.
We encourage you to visit the pages below to find out a little more background on our doctors, Dr. Jonathan Huber, Dr. Ashlin Alexander, and our founder, Dr. Robert Jones.