It might seem like hair loss is an inevitability for some people, but there is quite a lot you can do to slow down, or in some cases, even reverse your hair loss.
Genetics plays a large role in your chances for hair loss.
It’s said an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, and this is certainly the case when it comes to keeping your hair. While it might seem like hair loss is an inevitability for some people, there is actually quite a lot you can do to slow down, or in some cases, even reverse your hair loss. With this in mind, below are 10 great secrets to keep the hair you have.
- Use Existing Hair Loss Treatments – It’s amazing how many people do not realize there are hair loss treatments on the market that are proven to be effective. It’s understandable, since the hair loss market is littered with scam artists who are looking to take advantage of new hair loss sufferers.
When it comes to hair loss, the two proven treatments on the market are finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil (Rogaine). Whilst not effective for everyone, if you’re losing your hair and haven’t tried them, this should be your first port of call.
- Eat Well – The diet you eat can have a big impact on the health of your hair. If your body isn’t getting the vital nutrients it needs through the food you’re eating, then it will affect every part of your health, including the condition of your hair. A good diet for maintaining a healthy head of hair should be high in iron, protein and vitamins.
- Use a Good Shampoo – This is an area a lot of hair loss sufferers neglect. The shampoo you use can make a big difference in the health of your hair. While commercial shampoo brands will clean your hair, they won’t necessarily provide the nutrients it needs. The shampoos use all-natural ingredients and also include herbal hair loss treatments such as saw palmetto.
- Avoid Dyeing Your Hair – Dyeing your hair repeatedly can make it very dry and brittle, which can cause it to break and fall out, making your hair look thinner and unhealthy.
- Eliminate Stress (as much as possible) – While the main cause of hair loss is genetic, other factors such as health, diet and stress will certainly impact the health of your hair. Therefore, it’s useful to try and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible.
- Exercise Regularly – Regular exercise is one of the best ways to improve your overall health and is unfortunately something a lot of us are lacking. Regular exercise will not only help reduce stress and anxiety, but it will also have a good effect on your skin and hair.
- Consider Herbal Treatments – While there are mixed opinions on herbal treatments, they can prove a valuable addition to a treatment regimen when used alongside stronger treatments such as minoxidil and finasteride.
- Think About Scalp Health – It’s easy to just focus on your hair itself and neglect your scalp. However, there are many great lotions and ointments on the market that can improve scalp health. You might also consider a scalp massage.
- Practice Meditation – This ties into cutting down stress but is not exactly the same. Meditation isn’t just a way to de-stress, but can also greatly increase your happiness levels and overall enjoyment of life. Anything that improves general well-being will always have physical manifestations, such as improved hair condition.
- Antioxidants – Green tea is a great antioxidant and can help with hair growth. Drinking green tea also has many great health benefits.